TAX PLANNING, PREPARATION & COMPLIANCE
When many people think of a CPA, the first thing that comes to mind is tax return preparation. However, proper tax planning involves a lot more than simply plugging numbers into a form. Whether you’re paying taxes for an individual or small business, our tax planning, preparation, and compliance service will help you with every step of the process, including:
- Helping you determine your tax liability, including helping you take advantage of available deductions to reduce your liability
- Advising you about the tax implications of the sale of property or timber
- Providing advice about how to respond to tax notices and other correspondence from the IRS
- Representing you if you are audited by the IRS
Our tax planning and preparation service goes well beyond what you’ll get from do-it-yourself software programs or seasonal tax preparation businesses. While these services promise quick-and-easy results, they will not be able to help you with anything more complicated than the most basic tax-related questions. On the other hand, we have the knowledge and experience to help you navigate the complex and ever-changing tax code. If you want a true partner who will not only help you file a tax return in the spring, but will be around all year long to answer any tax-related questions you have, then we are the firm for you.
ACCOUNTING AND PAYROLL SERVICES
A small business owner must wear many hats to be successful, including that of manager, salesperson, and human resources director—and that’s in addition to doing the actual work of the business. Our accounting services are designed to allow small business owners to wear one less hat—that of bookkeeper.
Whether you’re a solo entrepreneur or have a large company with many employees, outsourcing at least some of your accounting, bookkeeping, and payroll work to a qualified professional is almost always more cost-effective than trying to do it yourself. Regardless of your budget or desired level of control, we have the ability to help you in this area:
- For all business owners, we can help you set up a chart of accounts specific to your business to ensure transactions are being tracked properly
- For business owners who want to be more hands-on, we can install an accounting system on your hardware and teach you how to use it
- For business owners with employees, we can set up a system for you to either print your own payroll checks or handle it all for you
- For business owners who want to be more hands-off, we can serve as your outsourced accounting department and handle everything for you
Regardless of which option you choose, our accounting and payroll services will help you free up your time so that you can focus on doing what you do best. You’ll also have the peace of mind that comes from knowing that your business finances are in order, thus allowing you to make important business decisions based on reliable information.
Business Planning and Consulting
Owning a small business can seem like a lonely endeavor at times, but it doesn’t have to be that way. Our business consulting services give entrepreneurs a trusted partner they can turn to for advice regarding a variety of important business decisions, including:
- Setting up the best legal entity for a business
- Obtaining the necessary business licenses and permits
- Insurance planning
- Meeting legal requirements related to hiring employees
- Creating a business plan
- Pricing of products and services
- Inventory control
- Sale or purchase of a business
New Business Consultation
If you are a new business owner or simply thinking about starting a business, we recognize that although you may have limited financial resources to pay for consulting services, you are probably in need of assistance in many areas. That’s why we offer a free consultation to people in your position.
During the consultation, we’ll go over a checklist with you of things you need to have in place to satisfy the legal requirements for doing business in your area, and also help you with some fundamental business planning elements such as marketing and financing. Getting help in these areas early on can literally mean the difference between success and failure and potentially save you significant amounts of money, so if you are a new business owner we highly encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity.
Estates and Trusts
Transferring wealth and assets from one generation to the next can be a complicated process. Our estate planning service will help ensure that you have all the necessary documents in place, including a will, living will, power of attorney, trust, and anything else that might be required.
Services for Non-Profits
When it comes to taxes and finances, non-profit organizations have many different laws, regulations, and challenges that don’t apply to for-profit businesses. Our firm has extensive experience working with non-profit organizations, and can prepare the application for recognition of exemption under section 501(c)(3) of the tax code.
Planning for the future is very important when it comes to personal finances. We help individuals plan for retirement and save for their children’s college education. We also help them prepare all the necessary documents such as an estate plan that need to be in place in the event of their death.