Financial Health Check Up
In order to help you evaluate your overall financial situation, we would like to offer the following list of thought-provoking questions. If, after reading through the list, you have questions about your personal or business finances that you would like to discuss with us, please contact our office to arrange a free consultation.
- When were your wills last reviewed and updated by a trust and estates lawyer?
- How much estate tax will be owed when you and your spouse pass away?
- What liquidity planning have you done to help your estate pay estate taxes and other settlement costs?
- How long has it been since you evaluated your investments to be sure they are compatible with your risk tolerance expectations? Are they meeting your needs?
- When did you last have a review and evaluation of your life insurance policies?
- What steps have you taken to make sure that insurance proceeds intended for your family are exempt from creditors?
- What personal disability protection do you have in place?
- What planning have you done regarding costs of long-term care for you, your spouse, your parents, and your spouse’s parents?
- What documents exist (Buy/Sell Agreement, etc.) to create the structure for your business continuation plans?
- What happens if you or your partners become disabled?
- How long has it been since your employee benefits package has been evaluated?
- What kind of retirement plan does your company have in place? Is it meeting your needs and expectations?
- Would you like to learn more about plans that can selectively benefit only owners and/or selective key people?